Friday, October 4, 2013

Review: The Glass God by Kate Griffin


Matthew Swift, the Midnight Mayor, has gone missing and Sharon Li finds herself appointed his deputy and tasked with finding him. The only clues she has available is a tatty but innocent looking umbrella and mysterious pairs of shoes scattered throughout London.  Sharon quickly discovers that there may be larger threat in play.

Like her previous novels Griffin is able to inject a good degree of humour without detracting from the overall serious tone of the novel. My favourite aspect of the first book in  the series, and what set it apart from the Matthew Swift books, was the degree to which the support characters were developed. Griffin does the same again here but extends it to the antagonists, which really makes for some interesting 'grey' characters.

Pacing is again fast and well controlled with short sharp chapters.

Overall Griffin does an excellent job of building on the good work she did in her first Magicals Anonymous book. 8.75/10.

2 comments:

  1. HI,
    My name is Lori Foroozandeh and I've published my true story of being held captive during 911 in IRAN. I was also married to a terrorist and didn't know it. My book has won two awards, and a Discovery Channel documentary. I would be honored if you'd list my book on your site. Here is my website www.loris-song.com and my blog www.lorissong.com My book has been a best seller on Amazon. Thank you, if your not able to do this could you direct me towards someone who could help me market my book. All my profits go to charities such as "AMNESTY INT'L" and drug addiction organizations and the Humane society. Thank you so much, Lori Foroozandeh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori, I mainly read and review fantasy/sci-fi books. I am not familiar with any reviewers who would be interested but if you keep looking I'm sure you will find someone.

    ReplyDelete